What does the ICF do?
The ICF works to support its members and represent their interests as professional coaches. It is the largest non-profit professional association worldwide for personal and business coaches. Membership currently stands at more than 9,000 from 70 countries, with over 145 chapters.The aims of the ICF are to build, support and preserve the integrity of coaching around the globe. This is achieved through:
- Educating and promoting the coaching profession. The coach referral service and PR plan are part of this process
- Fostering the community aspect among members through the annual conference, regular communications and local chapters
- Being actively involved in researching and developing programs in the legal, regulatory and credentialing areas.
What does ICF Singapore Chapter do?
The ICF Singapore chapter consists of nearly 400 professional coaches and people interested in coaching. The vision of the ICF Singapore chapter is “Engaging Our Members For Coaching Excellence.”
Specific services of the Singapore Chapter include:
- Monthly Chapter meetings – These networking and professional exchange sessions include a monthly speaker, facilitator, panel or other knowledge sharing activity.
- Peer Coaching – These are open to practising professional coaches. Each session involves one coach presenting a real coaching case study they are working with. The peer coaches follow a specially designed coaching process to help the case owner gain new insights into the case in question.
- ICF Singapore Website: Our website at http://www.icfsingapore.org provides up to date information on ICF Singapore, its coaches and coaching services. It includes a ‘Find a Coach’ service, Event Listing and Resource Area. To include your free listing please visit our website for requirements and application.