- ICF Code of Ethics
Here is a link to download a copy of the ICF Code of Ethics:
As an ICF coach, I fully understand and agree to abide by my ethics and legal obligations to my clients, payers, colleagues, and the general public. I promise to fully abide by the ICF ethics and act as a coach and guide practice the ICF ethics thoroughly when mentoring and supervising.
If I violate this Code of Ethics or any of ICF's Code of Ethics, I agree that ICF may, in its sole discretion, determine the actions for which I am responsible, and I agree that ICF may take sanction action for my violations, such as my ICF membership and/or ICF Coach Certification.
As a coach, I:1. Thoroughly abide by the ICF Code of Ethics in all coaching activities, including coaching sessions, coaching mentors, and supervising coaching activities.
2. Whether I or others are involved, when I become aware of violations or possible violations of the ICF Coaching Code of Ethics, I will take appropriate action with the coach, instructor, or coaching mentor and/or report to ICF.
3. Will communicate and explain to any organization, employees, payers, coaches, and anyone else who may need to understand ICF ethics and responsibilities.
4. Avoid illegal discrimination in practice activities, including age, race, gender orientation, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
5. Will sincerely and accurately describe my coaching services, coaching work, or ICF in oral and written form.
6. Provide my coaching qualifications, professional knowledge, experience, training experience, certification, and ICF certificate
7. Recognize and appreciate the efforts and contributions of others, and do not take others' achievements as my own. I fully understand that violating this standard may result in me being sued by third-party groups for breaking the law.
8. I will always endeavor to identify personal issues that may diminish, conflict, or interfere with my coaching effectiveness or professional relationships. When needed, I will seek professional assistance in determining the course of action to take, including whether to suspend or terminate my current coaching relationship.
9. Understand that I shall abide by the Coaching Code of Ethics in all my relationships with my coaching clients, coachees, students, and supervisees.
10. I will use my professionalism, integrity, and recognized scientific standards to conduct and report my research. The execution of my research will obtain the necessary support and consent of the participants, and I will reasonably protect the participants from any possible s damage. All research activities will abide by the laws and regulations stipulated in the research area.
11. Properly preserve, maintain, and dispose of any electronic files and communication records generated during my coaching contract, maintain their confidentiality, security, and privacy, and comply with and comply with all relevant applicable laws and contracts.
12. I only use ICF member information (including email address, phone number, etc.) in the manner and scope authorized by ICF.
13. Maintain the strictest privacy and confidentiality for all customer and payer information unless I am required by law to release such information.
14. Detail the potential for coaching information to flow between coaches, clients, and payers in coaching agreements. I will continue to improve my coaching skills continuously.
To further explore and learn about the ICF code of ethics, we encourage you to visit the following links:https://coachingfederation.org/ethics/code-of-ethics https://coachingfederation.org/about/our-values Video Series: ICF Code of Ethics: Download the ICF Code of Ethics:
- Ethics CCE Course
All ICF Credential-holders are required to demonstrate completion of at least three (3) Continuing Coach Education (CCE) units in the area of coaching ethics to be eligible for renewal of their ICF Credentials.
ICF recognizes that there are a variety of avenues to obtain ethics-specific training, including CCE programs and ICF Chapter events. As a special service, ICF Global and the ICF Ethics Community of Practice (CP) have developed a complimentary ethics training course that, upon completion, will guarantee three (3) ethics CCE units. In addition to meeting the ethics requirement, this course will provide three (3) of the required 24 Core Competency CCE units for ICF Credential renewal.
NOTE: To provide proof of completion for the ICF Ethics course, you will need to download your transcript from the Learning Portal and upload the transcript to your Renewal Application. Visit the Transcript section of the for directions on how to download the transcript.
This complimentary ethics course is available in 5 languages: